Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Flowers for Valentine's Day

Rosemary
Narcissus
Not much is blooming at the beginning of February.  However this has been a mild winter, so protected gardens already have signs of Spring.  Here are Rosemary and Paper Whites from my friend Elaine's garden.




Allysum
Verbena

My garden has Allysum and Verbena which have bloomed all winter, this being a mild winter.  And decorative purple Cabbage that has survived from last winter.

Calendulas

Daffodils









Jasmine
Cyclamen
By the middle of February, I also have Daffodils, Calendulas, and Jasmine in bloom in my garden.
In a sheltered spot by my front door, Cyclamen are in bloom.





Passionflower Piresii
Bird of Paradise

Inside, in my atrium and hothouse, Passionflowers, Bird of Paradise, a Bougainvilla, Anthuriums, Geraniums and Impatiens have been blooming all winter.  It's nice to have a little living color around.


Impatiens

Anthurium
Passionflower 'Pura Vida'
Bougainvilla











Star of Ctevedon Passionflower









Geranium

No comments:

Post a Comment