Thursday, September 15, 2011

9-11 Tribute

Exactly ten years ago, on 9-11, a fountain I had ordered as a birthday present to myself, was installed.  The workmen who installed the fountain were all excited about something.  My Spanish is limited and their English was even more so; but they kept saying something about dos aviones and muy grandes edificios in Nueva York; so finally I went in and turned on the TV.  Shock and horror!  I still don't understand how anyone can think that indiscriminate killing makes a political statement.  It just reminds us that there are warped minds and evil in this world.  My fountain stands as my personal memorial to lives lost and as a tribute to the bravery and courage of Americans.

Teardrops fall into the basin like autumn leaves
dissolving
water to water, earth to earth, spirit to spirit.
We will not forget.

As sun glints off of water, Winter turns to Spring.
We may go down,
but it is only to rise again.

Together we rise to the sky;
Together our hearts beat strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment