Monday, September 5, 2011

Missing - Baby Goldilocks

Penny and Wendy


The three Goldilocks are part of my family. 
Mama Goldilocks, Wendy is the matriarch
who teaches everyone how to behave.
Hercules







Hercules is the mighty hunter who brings home cherries, figs, and the occasional lizard, ground squirrel, or bird.  Hercules likes nothing better than to slip out of the door and spend a couple of hours chasing jack rabbits across the open desert.  Never mind that the jack rabbits are as big as he is.  They run and he runs.  Ah, the joy of the chase!

Penny, baby Goldilocks, really isn't a baby, just a very small, long-haired golden Chihuahua who loves to play!

When I say "Snack!"  Wendy stands up on her hind legs and bows politely, Japanese style.   Hercules finds something to chase; and around and around he goes, chasing his tail.  Penny simply bounces.  But no more.

Saturday, 9/3/11, Penny disappeared.  I was weeding the garden and Penny became bored watching me, so she wandered off, probably looking for cottontails to play with.  When I finally missed her, she was gone.  Later I found a fence post that was leaning at such an angle that she could have gotten out of the yard.  I have looked everywhere, talked with all the neighbors, put up signs, put an ad in the paper.  Our Little Miss Sunshine is gone.  Everyone is desolate.


No comments:

Post a Comment